Sunday, May 22, 2011

Hi Everyone,

Oh my goodness...please forgive me for being AWOL. I attended Stampin' Up! 2011 Convention which is the highlight of a SU Demonstrators year. Sadly no prizes for me but to meet some off the faceless names I have communicated with over the last year was a huge prize in it's self.

So I would have normally be itching to get home and show off all the great new techniques I have learnt but instead I chose to stay on in Melbourne to care for my step dad. He has an incurable disease from years of working with MDF and toxic glues as a carpenter. It has now left him dependant caring around oxygen with him where ever he goes. My mum Vanessa is his usual carer but without my assistance she would not have been able to attend a family reunion. She is the eldest of 10 siblings and as my nan/her mum has been unwell a family reunion for her 79th birthday was quickly arranged and carried out in almost military precision. From all reports a great time was had by all.

I return back to King Island on Tuesday to be reunited with my soulmate Peter. I look forward to getting back into my office and craft away in preparation for the start of my classes.
 
Until then, happy Stampin'


 

No comments:

Post a Comment