Thursday, April 7, 2011

Beyond the page

Hi,
This week I have been inspired to go beyond the page and make some beautiful keep sakes and to make my craft supplies go further than card making and scrapbooking. I think you will agree these gift boxed candles are so charming and elegant that they are sure to put a smile on the face who ever recieves them as a gift.

I used the Real Red paper from the Brights Collection of Designer Series Pattern Stack to make this box and the lid is Chocolate Chip card stock from the Neutrals Collection. The bird is Daffodil Delight card stock punched out using the Two Step Bird and the 1-3/4" Circle punch for the hole and tag on top of the box with a Heart small to embellish. The greeting is from the Afterthoughts stamp set which is a level 1 Hostess gift. It is all tied up using 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon in Poppy Parade.


I stamped on tissue paper from my local newsagency, the inks I used were Poppy Parade for the Eastern Blossoms stamp and the greeting in Chocolate Chip using the Well Scripted stamp set. I then cut it out and adhered by just appling heat with my Stampin' Up! Heat Tool. The Poppy Parade 1/2" Stitched-Poly  Ribbon was attached by pierecing it using a brad to the back of the candle.  
Front View
 This was my second attempt which I also love. This is a very special stamp set called Strength & Hope. This one was released in Stampin' Up! Autumn-Winter Mini Catalogue. stampin'Up! is donating $2 from the purchase to The Brest Cancer Research Foundation. BCRF is dedicated to preventing breast cancer and dinding a cure in our lifetime by funding clinical and translational research worldwide. Fore more information about BCRF, visit www.bcrfcure.org




Front view of candle
Rear view of candle

To view a online copy of the Autumn-Winter Mini Catalogue click here. To down load a PDF version to your computer click here. To recieve a copy via post email me on junewright71@yahoo.com

 




1 comment:

  1. Hiya June,

    Here's hoping that this works. I love the candles, especially the BCRF ones. These are a great way to raise awareness and funds for such a worthwhile cause. Keep up the GREAT works (but then I am biased) Lubsya, Mum

    ReplyDelete