Monday, February 10, 2014

MAKE IT MONDAY Project: MDS Shadow Box Photo Frame

Hello Crafters...


The finished project hanging in my living room.
I have fallen in love with Stampin' Up!'s MDS. An new straight away that I would be able to pick up my love of scrapbooking again. Since the age of digital photos I have done very little in the way of scrapbooking as I never seem to get my pics printed. Im excited that i can create a virtual page and just go straight to my photo library on my computer and just add the pics right there and then. I can also edit them by cropping, recolouring, resizing etc.

This is how it appears on the computer screen.

I printed 3 copies on 12x12" Whisper White Card Stock on an A3 printer. Using one of the copies as the background and using the other  2 copies to cut out elements. I attached them with Stampin' Dimensionals to lift the images off the page giving a 3D look. I also added Pearl Basic Jewels and a large white Brad (retired stock).


 I cut the bunting out and instead of place directly over the top as I did with the word SON I placed it in a different direction which also helped with the 3D look.


I also cut out a few of the picture windows and lifted them. I think this is a very fitting memorial for my son, I wanted to reconise that he was so much to so many people and not just a son was lost but a Step Son, Brother, Step Brother, Nephew, Friend etc . It'll be a year on the 24th Feb 2014 and not a day goes by that I don't miss him. 
If you are interested in Stampin' Up!'s My Digital Studio and want to see what Digital Downloads are available go to my Online Shop now. If you are not quite sure if it's for you, there is a 30 day Trial you can download.

To learn more about each about the Stampin' Up! products used in this project click on image.
Mds _Digital Download
$24.95
#130646
Stampin' Dimensionals
$6.95
#104430
12x12" Whisper white Card Stock
$9.95
#124302
Basic Pearl Jewel Accent
$8.95
#119247
































Happy Crafting,
June










Happy Crafting,

June

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful project. Love how you've printed it the 3 times and layered. Such a beautiful memorial to your son.

    ReplyDelete